Sunday 20 June 2010

En Root Theatre Company: Beach Break Live 2010




Festival fever is setting in for the Summer of 2010 and our newly formed theatre company En Root is no exception to that craving. Oh how I've missed that fuzzy feeling that festivals so graciously provide.

We went last year and loved it, and this year's Student Festival Beach Break Live 2010's line up was similarly mighty fine.

So... we took our show 'Knickers-fulla-glory' comprising many eclectic elements of creativity for your viewing pleasure: including urban/ slam poetry from myself, Matthew Ferdenzi and Florence Espeut-Nickless, songs from a great new band Two For Joy, a sketch of a Doctor Who fanatic and a comedy sketch and song from two delicious single geeks. As you can imagine we had a ball and some!

The Correspondents were an absolute treat, mixing swing with a beautiful front man that possessed the most mesmeric hips I've seen in quite some time. Dan Le Sac VS Scroobius Pip, provided an afternoon delight as we hung out horizontally amoungst the grass and some grass and let his lyrical genius enter our open lungs, ears and minds. My only thought: Beats bubble in my bones.

The whole festival I found myself thinking: 'What a glorious way to celebrate finishing ones degree!' which incidentally I find out results for on July 7th: Yikarumba!

Until soon 'Love and that festival feeling'

LG

No comments:

Post a Comment